Westchester County Immigration and Criminal Defense Lawyer
Westchester County Immigration and Criminal Defense Attorney Attorney Profiles Testimonials Contact Us
Click here to read what our clients are saying about us Value Statments If you have been accused of a crime, contact us immediately to get the legal defense you need

Student Visas

How do I obtain a student visa?

United States is filled with educational opportunity because it houses many well-known and prestigious institutions. If you desire to study at a college or university in the United States, a lawyer from our firm can help you obtain a student visa. A student visa is for nonimmigrants who desire to attend a university or training program in the United States. There are a few specific requirements that should be followed as carefully as possible. If you are not sure of or need help with any portion of the process, one of our lawyers will be more than happy to help.

The first requirement is to be accepted into and enroll as a full time student in an academic educational program in the U.S. You will need to then make sure that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approves the institution through which you have enrolled. If you are not currently fluent in English, as part of your course load you will be required to enroll in an English language class to gain English proficiency. USCIS will have to verify through your supplied documents, that you have sufficient funds to support yourself throughout the entirety of the program. A last required step is to make sure that you have active residence in the United States and prove to the USCIS that you do not intend on giving it up for any reason.

When to Apply for a Student visa

It is important to begin the application process for a student visa as soon as possible. All of the requirements will have to first be met, but as soon as they are complete, you should apply. Visas can be provided up to 120 days in advance prior to your date of departure. It is important to begin the process as soon as possible to ensure that you have your visa before the start of classes. At Musa Obregon & Associates, we are dedicated to helping students obtain a valuable education in the U.S. Contact our office to get the answers and assistance you need.

Contact Us
Are you a new client?

Click here to get your free case evaluation

Book an appointment using SetMore
White Plains Address:
The Bar Building
199 Main Street
Suite 301
White Plains, NY 10601
New York City Address:
757 3rd Avenue
20th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Queens Address:
55-21 69th Street
Second Floor
Maspeth, NY 11378

attorney website marketing

Phone: (914) 721-0865
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

© 2012 All Rights Reserved.